While we are proud of the recognition we have received for the quality of our work, nothing means more to us than a satisfied client. We encourage you to talk to any of our clients for their perspective on working with DCC. That said, we also value the independent and industry accolades we have received. Here is the latest news about our achievements and capabilities.
Successful Events Rely on Print BACK TO TOP
If you’ve ever hosted a professional event, such as a conference, seminar, or trade show, then you know the amount of effort that is poured into the planning process. One of the most important aspects of any successful event is the printed materials you'll need before and during the event. From marketing materials to programs and signage, you need high-quality printing; most likely, you need it done fast and cost-effectively.
Cue the HP Indigo 15K digital press. There’s a good reason this press is dubbed the “Yes Press” because it is the next generation of digital offset print technology. It’s truly a versatile machine that does it all and can do it quickly and cost-effectively. That is why it is the perfect solution for when you need multiple types of media and quick turnaround times.
dcc is proud to be the first printing facility in New Jersey to invest in the new HP Indigo, adding our fourth Indigo press to our fleet and giving us more flexibility to say “yes” to any project. The Indigo 15K can die-cut, add specialty finishes, and can even customize your print pieces. All quickly and cost-effectively. Check out some of the great features of the HP Indigo 15K:
- A thick substrate kit, allowing the press to process up to 24pt media
- Supports variable data
- Did we mention fast turnaround times?!
- Real-time quality control with machine learning.
- Less energy consumption.
It’s time to start planning. You’ve settled on a date and secured a venue and keynote speaker, but what printed items will you need to support your event? An event’s printed materials serve many purposes, from setting the tone for the event to providing crucial information and helping you stay organized.
Here’s a list of must-haves, from small to big, to ensure your event is a success.
- Invitation – You won’t have a successful event without any guests, so the first step is to invite people to join. Many may opt for digital e-vites to save time and money, but a customized, printed invite can be very impactful and help set the event's tone and theme.
- Flyers – Flyers help you share crucial information, such as announcements or company and speaker bios, about your event and keep attendees in the loop.
- Printed Tickets – Customized event tickets will help keep you organized and track attendees. In this modern, digital age, printed tickets may not be necessary, but they can help to create a professional feel and provide your guests with insight into what to expect.
- Badges for attendees – Name badges not only help your guests network, but they are also one of the first items they receive when they arrive, so they should also set the tone.
- Programs – Programs might be the most essential item for an event because they guide participants, letting them know where they should be and when they should be there.
- Business Cards – One of the purposes of hosting an event is to network and build lasting professional connections. Be prepared to share your information with attendees in a professional way with high-quality business cards.
Large Format Items
- Event Signage – Signage is crucial to any event for many reasons. It helps highlight your brand, create a cohesive look and feel for the event, and provide crucial information to attendees. One of the best ways to accomplish this is with large format, custom-printed banners, posts, and signs.
- Wayfinding/Directional Signage – You want your event to be a seamless and easy experience for your attendees. This is easily accomplished with signage that clearly lets them know where they are and where to go so they don’t miss any of the exciting parts of the day.
- Floor graphics– Floor graphics can really help to build a cohesive brand presence and tie everything together.
- Custom Swag – Send your guests home with a custom, branded package to help thank them for attending. This will also serve as a reminder of your brand and your capabilities after the event.
- Ambassador or Speaker Gifts – Custom printed packages for your speakers, ambassadors, and/or influencers will not only thank them for participating but will also provide them with branded material to continue to promote your brand on their channels.
There is a lot to consider when planning an event, and you may be thinking about the impact of all of these printed materials on the environment. Incorporating printed materials into your event may be unavoidable, but that doesn’t mean you can’t do it with sustainability in mind. Here are some tips to help make your print project more environmentally friendly.
- Maximize your paper sheet. Work with your printer to size and format your printed piece most efficiently. Even if it means adjusting the size of your creative to allow more copies to fit on one sheet, also, always print double-sided when you can!
- Avoid plastic. If you need your printed pieces to be durable, cardstock, paperboard, and other heavy-weight materials are always a great choice and can be recycled after use. Try to avoid using lamination or single-use plastics to eliminate waste.
- Choose wisely. Work with a printer that uses sustainable printing practices, such as a Sustainable Green Printing certified facility. An SGP-certified printer will have more sustainable paper and ink options, such as FSC-certified (Forest Stewardship Council®) paper stock and water-based inks. They may also take measures to increase efficiency and reduce consumption and waste.
- Go everGREEN. If your event is recurring, reduce your waste and expenses by creating event signage that can be used year after year by omitting time-sensitive details where you can.
There are many moving parts to consider when planning an event, no matter how large. The convenience of a full-service, one-stop shop to handle all your printing and fulfillment needs can help alleviate some of the stress that event planning brings. That is where dcc, the HP Indigo 15K press, and its large format presses come in! For over 25 years, dcc has delivered high-end, striking images and printed pieces as a fully integrated graphics company specializing in color retouching and printing. And our new Indigo can truly do it all! Let us transform your event concept into whatever form you need, help take your event to the next level, and ensure it’s a success!